Xanax is a brand name of Alprazolam belong to benzodiazepine class. Xanax affects chemicals in the brain which are unbalanced in people with anxiety & produce calming effect resulting in a reduction in nervous tension & anxiety. Alprazolam is a central nervous system CNS depressant which affects GABA, a neurotransmitter in the brain. Xanax decreases abnormal excitement in the brain. It is a short-acting anxiolytic that means it effects for few hours. Due to rapidly growing drug abuse, obtaining anxiety medication without doctor’s prescription has become much more difficult. So Xanax is available only with doctor’s prescription.
Take Xanax for following disorders
Xanax is indicated for anxiety & panic disorder management. Xanax is prescribed for instance of hypersomnia & sleep aid in mild dosage.
Xanax for Anxiety disorder
Anxiety disorder is characterized by unrealistic anxiety & worry about life circumstances for more than 6 months. Persistent & pervasive anxiety is a bit more serious. Xanax treats anxiety and symptoms of Anxiety. Anxiety affects the life by consuming thoughts & stopping you from doing things. Symptoms present in these patients include motor tension, hyperactivity, vigilance & scanning.
- Motor tension includes shaky feeling, restlessness, muscular tension
- Hyperactivity is shortness of breath, sweating, dizziness, frequent urination.
- Vigilance & scanning includes difficulty in concentrating, irritability, mind goes blank
Treat Panic disorder by taking Xanax
Panic disorder is characterized by unexpected panic attacks. A panic attack is sudden onset of fear which can feel overwhelming. The following symptoms develop abruptly which may reach at peak in 10 minutes. The symptoms include sweating, choking feeling, shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, & tingling sensation.
Xanax stops & lessen panic attacks. You can focus properly if correct dosage is taken & can get you through crisis & stressful situation. Xanax does not cure anxiety & panic disorder, it only treats the symptoms. Depression associated anxiety is responsive to Xanax. Without loss of benefit, a patient having panic disorder can be treated for up to 8 months.
Xanax also work as a Sleep aid
Sometimes the medication is given to those who suffer from insomnia or other sleeping problems as a sleeping aid.
Tips for taking Xanax in a proper way
- Get a doctor to prescribe Xanax for your health condition. The dosage is based on age, medical condition & treatment response. Until the drug started working well, the dose may be gradually increased.
- If the medication is suddenly stopped after regular usage for a long time, withdrawal symptoms can occur. The doctor gradually reduces the dose to prevent the reactions.
- Do not crush or break the tablet as it may cause too much drug release at one time. A frequent medical test may be needed if the medicine is used long term.
Read these instructions before taking Xanax
Xanax should not be used in pregnancy as it can cause birth defects in newborn. Xanax may be habit-forming & should only be used by a person to whom it has been prescribed. The medication should not be shared with another person. Xanax interact with many other medications. Always tell your doctor & pharmacist about medication you are using such as OTC drugs, vitamins or any other herbal remedies. The medication also interacts with grape juice, as a result, it increases the risk of adverse effects.
Getting prescribed Xanax can be difficult as it an addictive medication. Be totally honest with your doctor or psychiatrist about the signs & symptoms of anxiety when attempting to obtain medication.