Xanax is a prescription medication and is called Alprazolam. It is a benzodiazepine and this due to the effect it has on the chemicals which are in the brain produces effects like anxiety as well as clumsiness. This medication ironically is used to treat anxiety, depression, and panic.
Types of Xanax
There are different types of Xanax and they come in different colors. People can easily buy Xanax of any colors according to their needs from renowned online pharmacies with accordance to their required dosages. They usually have bars on them which are called scores.
Blue Xanax – There is a blue Xanax which has a dosage of 1 mg. These are elliptical or oval in shape and they have a scoring to them so that they can be broken in half when needed.
Yellow Xanax – The Yellow color variant consists of a yellow bar with 039 which is inscribed on it. This shows it is a generic form and the strength is 2mg.
Green Xanax – This variant is also 2 mg dosage drug and is similar to the pills which have yellow or white bars.
White Xanax – The white pill bars are 2 mg and it has 4 pieces which have scores in them so that the user can split these with ease as the dosage of 2mg Xanax is very high.
Peach Xanax – Peach Xanax is oval in shape and has 257 written on them sometimes. This pill is .5mg this pill could also come in orange color but it is the same.
Pink Xanax – Pink color variant is of 0.5mg and is used for people with anxiety disorders and panic.
In addition to the pills, the drug is also available in liquid form. These are not prescribed very often by doctors and even the method in which this liquid needs to be taken is different to that of the pills, yet the results seen in both pills and liquids are almost identical.
The reason why Xanax pills come with bars or scoring is these pills can be broken with ease by the user so that they can taper off their usage and consumption of the drug rather than stopping altogether. This, of course, needs to be strictly monitored and advised by the medical practitioner or doctor as it could lead to very undesirable effects. It is not advisable to stop all of a sudden as this drug causes severe withdrawal symptoms, so it is best to slowly taper it off.
Precautions when taking Xanax
- Before you consume this drug in any form, it is necessary to speak with the doctor.
- It should not be consumed with a number of other medications.
- In addition, it should not be consumed by people who suffer from epilepsy or seizures, kidney problems or liver diseases.
- It should not be taken by asthmatics or even those who have breathing disorders.
- If there is drug abuse or alcohol addiction in your family, this should not be taken or even if the patient suffers from suicidal tendencies or manic depression.
- Women who are pregnant should not take Xanax as it is known to cause birth defects and there are also chances of the baby getting dependent on this medication or else the baby could suffer from even life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.